This, My Columbia

This, My Columbia
... The Columbia River

" Cosmos Cascading " (10x23)

" Cosmos Cascading " (10x23)
August, 2011 id3300

" Blacking Streaking Black Red " ( Right Corner View )

" Blacking Streaking Black Red " ( Right Corner View )
August, 2011 id3286

Monday, December 11, 2006

"I built a Shed in the Fall"

I built a shed.
I laid down those planks,
Those cornerstones,
Made that flooring
Upon those beams.


Lifted them heavy
Put them along
And lined them up
And put them strong.


I Built a shed.
Rose up and lifted
Those joists and walls,
Set them proper and tall.
Struck them firm
The decking, the roofing,
Cannot fail, cannot fall.


Lifted up a roof,
and its rafters
I built a shed in the Fall
Before the Winter comes.


I tacked hard the shingles
On the roof,
Hammered the shakes
Upon the wall.


I built a shed
In the Fall
Right before the Winter,
In my early Winter
I am sixty
That is all.


I built a shed
In the Fall
I ached,
Tho did not suffer
And sore each night
And alone,
I built a shed in the Fall
I am sixty
That is all.


Sore each night
And alone
I dreamt you held me
Once again,
When I was young,
Handsome and tall.


I built a shed
In the Fall
And now at sixty
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment